> I use the bug to ignore the error warning that i received .. like this  ##
> Error: ValueError: file <maya console> line 14: No object matches name:
> myCube1Shape #
> not sure whether I did the right thing or misuse the handling exceptions.

It is perfectly ok to `pass` exceptions if you know what you are doing.
This is a known technique in python, sometimes referred to as EAFP (stands
for `It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission`). You can find more
information here
<http://python.net/~goodger/projects/pycon/2007/idiomatic/handout.html#eafp-vs-lbyl>
.
However, it is strongly advised not to use a bare `except`, which causes
every exception to pass silently and not just the one you are anticipating.
You should only except what you can handle. In your case, just use except
ValueError:

def delcube(self, *args):
    sel = cmds.ls("myCube*", sl=True, dag=True, v=True, ud=False)
    myobj = "myCube*"
    for myobj in sel:
        if myobj == myobj:
            try: