> True. Although imagine that the model data is likely to have more fields
> than just a status. It seems it would become difficult to support this
> model when it contains other types of info. Otherwise you would have to
> maintain this as an additional "index" model, and keep it up to date when
> your primary model changes.

I agree. In the end, it all boils down to how the data model is structured.
I think we need a clear 'separation of concerns' here. Let's say, for the
sake of future-proofing, we assume that data can be structured in any way,
for example, the way Marcus has presented it. In such cases, I think we
need to have a separate layer, which can always ingest the data structure
and recreate a subset which can be passed down to the next layer (like I
have in my example) to finally get the answers from the data. That way,
maintainability is easy, we just need to work on the middle layer to make
it data compliant and the rest of the business logic, to get the latest
models based on the status, remains intact.