On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 6:28 AM <yogayasahar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, thankyou for inviting me to this group. I've got helped for several
> problems. Thanks to my hero, Justin Israel who invited me.
>
> I got a camera named something like this (different for each shot)
> Shot_Cam
>
> and i want to rename my camera to be same like my scene name. And add my
> start and end frame numbers to my camera name. So it will be something like
> this :
> PRJ_SH001_SCN001_100_143_TK01
>
> Is there anyway to do it using maya python? (because I only understand
> python module in maya right now)
> Right now I only can get my scene name using
> cmds.file(query=True,sn=True). And cmds.rename('blablabla').
>
> Any example or clue for it will be appreciated! :)
> Please enlighten me.

If you know about cmds.file() and cmds.rename() then you are pretty much
there already. The rest is just string formatting.

import os

cam = 'Shot_Cam'
start = 100
end = 143

sn = cmds.file(query=True, sn=True, shortName=True)
fname = os.path.basename(sn)
name = os.path.splitext(fname)[0]

new_name = '{}_{}_{}'.format(name, start, end)
cmds.rename(cam, new_name)

​

If you start with using the shortName option, you can avoid the extra step
of needing to get the basename of the file. Then you use the os module to
split off the extension. Format your extra criteria and then call rename()