Yes I noticed that , flattening is not reversible , fortunately in my case it
doesn’t need to be so I just reverse the translation and the rotation. If I
were to do it tho, I would just register the points prior flattening

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Michael Boon
Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2018 6:31 AM
To: Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Subject: [Maya-Python] Re: Matrix inverse of several transformations ?

Glad you got it.

One thing I noticed from your first post there, is "matrix to flatten on Y."
You can't actually inverse a matrix that flattens things to a plane.
Mathematically, it requires dividing by 0 as your determinate will be 0.
Physically think about the fact that an infinite number of shapes will result
in the same plane once they've been flattened by that matrix, and you have no
way of knowing which one of them you want to get back.