That sounds really devious to instrument your plugin to destroy the state
of someone's work if it thinks certain conditions aren't met. It is
borderline virus-like and I think you should avoid that route. What if some
connection were deleted by accident?

I realise you put alot of time into your intellectual property and want to
protect it. But this situation is pretty common with commercial products.
Safe guards can be hacked and worked around, so it usually comes down to a
company wanting to play ball the legit way. That means wanting to ensure
the products they are using are licensed, supported, and work reliably for
them in production.

If you don't want to come up with a proper license key solution, maybe
there are other ways to deter clients from misusing your technology. I
don't have any concrete solutions since I don't write much Maya code these
days, but maybe you could think of some way to validate the objects on the
other side of the connection to your node? Maybe some type of activation
criteria has to be met or else a created plugin node simply won't function.
So you could focus less on trying to prevent the creation from happening,
and just make it not do anything useful unless it's activated correctly.
Maybe that means considering a hash on stuff like the type of the node
connecting to your plugins plus some other criteria. Maybe you compile your
plugins specifically for each client, with some keys that have to match the
rig (c++?) you have given them.

Im sure others in this forum that write Maya plugins on a regular basis
could offer some more concrete criteria to base it on. But overall I just
recommend accepting that people can choose to circumvent things but
hopefully your clients won't work to circumvent some basic measures that
you implement thus making it harder. Just don't delete their stuff :)

Justin