On Tue, Mar 5, 2019, 9:41 PM Benjam901 <benandrewhe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> *(Is it necessary to run on Python3 or is sticking with 2.7 ok? Am just
> wondering)*

Seeing as this is a Maya forum, my answer is going to be specific to Maya
(and related to visual effects somewhat, since that is my area).
While Python3 is the modern standard and Py2 is EOL as of 2020, if you are
targeting integration with any current release of common vfx DCCs like
Maya, Nuke, Houdini, etc, then you are still targeting python 2.7. At some
point one of them is going to commit to an embedded python3 environment. So
your best bet for now is to code in a py2/3 compatible way via
python-future (or six library) so that your code works now in py2 and will
be ready immediately for py3