Hi all,
(once again, I am very sorry that I am posting a PyQt question instead of
purely Maya ones...)

I have a ‘nested’, a 2-tiered qmenus in which I have created a context menu
for renaming and deleting. I created a subclass for the QMenus in hopes of
making my code cleaner as I am unable to use eventFilter in my current code
as it messes some functionalities…

For the renaming part, while it renames the first tiered, as soon as I
tried to do the same for the second-tiered item, the prompt actually
renames the first-tiered item.

The following is a code portion of the QMenu subclass that I did and if you
do the following:

   - Right click and add in a new object called main
   - In main, create another object called sub
   - (This is an extra right-click) If you perform another right-mouse
   click on main and select rename options, and have it changed to ‘newMain’,
   this works
   - Perform the same action as detailed in point #3, but this time, rename
   on sub to newSub
   - If you open up the overall menu, noticed that newMain was changed to
   newSub, while sub remains unchanged.
   - Could someone kindly shed some light towards my QMenu subclass on
   where I have done it wrong? Appreciate in advance for any replies.

I have been trying to figure out where has it gone wrong but could not come
up with anything much.

My code link - https://pastebin.com/raw/6HN1friM