Hi

I am fairly new to Python within Maya so plz be a bit patient with me here:)
I am trying to  develop a script as part of our render setup to create some
simple overrides and honestly I am kind of surprised I am stuck on thisXD

It works when I make them like this:
rl_env = rs.createRenderLayer("Sh0020" + '_env_beauty_v02')
rl_env.createAbsoluteOverride('Aov_switch','Prod_AOV_Switch',0);

but the renderlayers are created at a different stage so this isn't really
a solution for me so I need a way to access the renderlayers. But when I
try to add the rendelayer name instead it does not work.

eg:

"Sh0020_env_beauty_v02"+.createAbsoluteOverride('Aov_switch',
'Prod_AOV_Switch',0)

This is probably super basic and I am probably a blond moron to not see the
answer but now I have searched and googled everywhere without getting
anywhere.

Any suggestions are appreciated:)