Hi,
we are setting up a Maya2019 Docker container and running some tests in
Linux Centos 7.
The bare installation of Maya runs flawlessly if ran from the host, but
when we run through the docker run command as a container instance we are
having some random issues when hovering the mouse over the application
menus.
We ve tried several things, among them:

- xhost +x: to allow socket connections to the host machine (and thus,
allow sharing of the $DISPLAY)
- running maya inside the container not as root but as a tmp user
- added some extra environment variables to the container env, like
QT_GRAPHICSSYTEM, QT_PLUGIN_DEBUG, and many others ...etc.

The thing is after spending like 3 hours running the container playing with
those different options, at some point we managed to make it work steadily
(we ran the app several times and it was working).
But when we tried to replicate it a second time we couldnt at first, plus
we ve noticed that maya s behaviour towards rendering the menus and pops is
variable, it s not the same, if you run the maya executable twice or
thrice...which makes us think all these tests we ve been running may be not
be totally useless.

After some investigation ive come to the conclusion that it might be most
probably a bug or feature not supported by the QT version shipped with
Maya2019... So currently we are trying to deploy a docker image of Maya2020
to see if there is any difference in the behaviour since the PySide version
is greater.

So, my question is, is anyone playing with maya2019 docker in linux? Did
you make it work correctly? What did you do to solve this menus painting
problem?