Yeah, as i understand, it is good practice whenever you instantiate a
PySide object to, right after, to add it to a layout, which by default
would set its parent widget to the widget that holds the layout and keep
the hierarchy consistent.
The problem arises when this is not always done and you want to instantiate
a QWidget class without providing a parent right away, and perform some
intermediate operations first.

Then, situations like the one Chris shows, passing a python reference to a
class and use it afterwards cause problems. That is why i was wondering if
having a "class attribute" or "static attribute" would help there?
It is easy to instantiate a PySide object without taking care of these
little details, specially when people first arrive to python and PySide, as
we are used to tinker with python variables as we wish..