----- Original Message -----
From: "Bandung" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pythonce@python.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 12:09 PM
Subject: Re: [PythonCE] Python 2.5 for Windows CE / ARM

> I tried running a simple app that uses Tkinter but I get the error message
> _tkinter not found.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "\Storage
> Card\5_software_developed\testcode\GstApps\gui_class\input.py", line 2, in
> <module>
>    from Tkinter import *
>  File
> "C:\devl\release\PythonCE-2.5-20061012\Python-2.5-wince\Lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py",
> line 38, in <module>
> ImportError: No module named _tkinter

I think this is because DLLs\_tkinter.pyd doesn't exist, not because
sys.path is wrong. Do you agree? I will try to add it back in the next
release and/or as a separate package.

> Can you compile the binaries with the typical /Storage card/Program
> Files/Python25/.... path so that we don't have to evoke work arounds in
> order use these modules?

If PythonCE is installed in "\Storage Card\Program Files\Python25" then it
should work.

> I really appreciate the gui popup that you implemented  when raw_input is
> used.

Thanks should go to the person who contributed it :-)

> Also, import dbapi2 isn't recognized as a legitimate command (possibly due
> to the current default paths)

I think this is because the release doesn't include pySQLite yet.

> Will the durus persistence modules be eventually added with this release.

What is it? Is it a part of the standard library?

Luke