Hi Knic,

On 17/10/2007, at 9:23 PM, knic knic wrote:
> I am running the PythonCE release pythonce-2.5-20071004 on a WM 6
> phone. I was
> wondering how do I enable python programs to run and not sleep when
> the
> screen is turned off?

Are you using a Windows Mobile 6 Standard (i.e. non touchscreen), or
Windows MObile 6 Professional (i.e. touchscreen enabled) device?

I assume by screen turning off you are actually talking about the
entire device turning off and the power button needing to be pressed
to turn it back on. There is actually an "unintended" state a device
could get into where the screen is off, but the CPU is still running,
but since you say your application stops running I am assuming the
entire device is powering down.

If using a Windows Mobile 6 Professional device the answer is to use
the ctypes module to periodically call an operating system API called
SystemIdleTimerReset. This API is documented within MSDN at http://
msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms941840.aspx, basically each time
you call this function it resets a timer. If the timer is not reset
and expires the device suspends. So by calling the function
periodically within a main loop of your program etc the device
shouldn't turn off.

I don't have a code example for doing this on hand, but could
probably sort something out if you are interested in this technique.

Hope this helps,
Christopher Fairbairn