Tom Pollard wrote:

Actually, I was wondering how safe it would be to install MacEnthon if I already had a significant number of these packages installed? Everything I have was either built locally against the standard system Python 2.3 or installed from one of Bob Ippolito's binary packages. Will MacEnthon overwrite my existing packages?

It will overwrite pre-existing packages. It won't delete anything, though. You'll just end up with some straggler files that were in your version but not in mine. I believe this is more-or-less safe (that is, if you want my version and not your own). Best, of course, is to move the packages you have out of the way.

Or get installed alongside them somehow? Will I be able to select which MacEnthon packages are installed?

Yes, look for the "Custom Install" button after you select the drive to install to.

--
Robert Kern
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  -- Richard Harter