altern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> hi
>
> probably a bit offtopic since it is nothing mac specific but i didnt
> know where to ask.

python-list?

> is it possible to change the superclass a class inherits from on the fly?

You can assign to __bases__.

> for example i have this class inheriting from Top but i want it to
> inherit later on the fly from another class living in another
> module. I am doing this below but it doesnt work, 'm' doesnt
> change. Maybe i have to define the class Test on the fly to achive
> this? but i dont like much to do that. any other suggestions? thanks
>
> #this is what i am doing now:
>
> import mymodule as m
>
> def start():
>       import othermodule as m
>
> class Test(m.Top):
>       def __init__(self):
>               pass

The way you ask the question suggests you don't know Python especially
well.  As Bob says, there are likely better ways to acheive your goal.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  But since I'm not trying to impress  anybody in The Software Big
  Top, I'd rather walk the wire using a big pole, a safety harness,