I've an experienced Python programmer on Linux - I've mainly used gtk and glade for interfaces and now I'm slowly trying to get started with Cocoa apps on X-Code.

I've got the CurrencyConverter example working in Python and I did the HelloWorld example in "The Mac XCode 2 Book" by Cohen and Cohen in Objective C. I got the Python version working by guessing that I needed to use:

self.helloSayer.setStringValue_("Hello world")

based on the CurrencyConverter example that did: setFloatValue_

That was pretty obvious, but I think I need a Cocoa book that allows me to see what all the methods are for a given object. I've just started the above mentioned XCode 2 book, but it doesn't appear to have the details of all the Cocoa objects.

Does anyone have a recommendation for another book I should get - I assume I want a Cocoa book of some sort.

Thanks,
Dave