I agree with the main sentiments here. In addition, it depends not just on the volume being reasonable (a subjective word most of us intuitively understand), but also upon the quality of the firm and legitimacy of the offer. I personally find it interesting to see Pixar using Python and more interesting to guess what for.
If not for the posting, I never would have known Pixar used Python.

Daniel

On Mar 7, 2006, at 1:32 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From: Ronald Oussoren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Date: March 7, 2006 1:32:00 PM PST

To: Kent Quirk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Cc: pythonmac-sig@python.org, Jack Jansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] Job postings - allow or not?

On 7-mrt-2006, at 22:23, Kent Quirk wrote:

I think the occasional Python-related job posting is Just Fine. I'd be

bugged if there were too many of them, but I wouldn't kick them to

another list unless and until there were so many that they formed a

measurable fraction of the list traffic. At which point I'd rejoice at

Python's success.

I agree. Unless there'd be a lot of job postings I don't mind.

Ronald

Kent