On 4/18/06, kernel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 18 Apr 2006, at 21:59, Advertising Department wrote:
>
> > (I'm totally confused about the nine versions of python for Mac OS X,
> > the defunct or just not updated for 2 years MacPython pages, the
> > current state of the macintosh specific library modules, etc.)
> >
> > To give my 2 cents...
> > It doesn't really matter about a logo, icon, or universal build. If
> > there is no recent info on the OFFICIAL python.org linked web pages,
> > most new users will think it's become defunct, and look no further.
>
> I'm a new user too but I've never got the impression MacPython is dead.
>   the presence of a Universal Binary suggests to me it's still alive.

     Hmm, I go to python.org and right in my face: Universal Mac OSX
binary for Python 2.4.3.
     Thanks for all the hard work on making this new build guys.
Especially for getting rid of the need for pythonw.
     If you google "mac python" you might get those older pages, but
those should be left there for several reasons.

My 2 cents,
    Charlie