On 19-apr-2006, at 22:27, Daniel Lord wrote:

> On Apr 19, 2006, at 13:04, Ronald Oussoren wrote:
>
>> I'll post the script I'm using to build universal packages this
>> weekend.
>> I have recipes for the software I'm using and several other. That
>> includes
>> PIL (including jpeg, tif and freetype support).
> I'll put mine on my iDisk and send you a link. I'd like to see your
> scripts since I did it by hand and recorded it with bash
> typescript--to later script it using sed for the text editing. I
> have a Macbook Pro and PPC will be happy to test things.

I have a python script that's derived from the script that I'm using
to build the univeral python distribution.

>> It is actually not very hard to build univeral libraries for most
>> software.
> Yeah, if *I* can do it it cannot be too arcane ;-)

It can be pretty involved. If you're very unlucky you'll have to
build a ppc and intel version version of software and then merge them
using lipo. Luckily most python-related software I've run into until
now can be coaxed into building using 'cc -arch ppc -arch i386' as
the compiler.

Ronald