While we're adding a bunch of icons to Mac Python, and editing
Info.plist files, and so on, I think we might as well make a few other
changes:

  1. If it doesn't already, I think Mac Python should ship with a python
     spotlight importer (I got one somewhere else, but should be default)

  2. Let's export some UTI's for .pyc/.pyo files and .egg files (maybe
     public.python-bytecode and public.python-egg or something, or maybe
     they need to be org.python.python-bytecode, etc.)

  3. Let's make sure that python files get useful "kMDItemKind" names.
     Right now, if I associate one with PythonIDE.app, I get "plain text
     file" for .pyc, and "Document" for .pyo, which is not useful.

  4. Let's add some spaces in the names of things like PythonIDE.app,
     BuildApplet.app, PythonLauncher.app and PackageManager.app.

Some other questions:

   * What's the difference between PythonIDE.app and IDLE.app?  Should
     they get different icons?  Is one of them preferred to the other?  I
     just use TextMate and iPython from terminal, so I don't really know
     what all they do.

   * What exactly do python eggs do?  Are they just extra modules
     packaged up, or can you run them as standalone apps?

   * If the latter, how exactly do eggs differ from the applet's created
     by BuildApplet.app?

   * Do we want different icons for py2applet.app and BuildApplet.app?
     What exactly is the difference between these?

Basically, I'm confused by the seemingly endless official or
semi-official ways to package up python code and edit it on the Mac.
Are any of these deprecated?

-Jacob