On 21-Apr-06, at 6:13 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On Apr 21, 2006, at 3:08 PM, Jacob Rus wrote:

Bob Ippolito wrote:

Jacob Rus wrote:

   * Do we want different icons for py2applet.app and BuildApplet.app?

     What exactly is the difference between these?

BuildApplet isn't any good at creating self-contained applications.

py2applet is.  py2app does not ship with Python.

Ok, well neither of the apps has an icon yet, but I [updated][1] some of

the icons.  I think that the "applet" icon can be the default for

applets created by BuildApplet, and the "generic python app" icon can be

the default for apps created with py2app or py2applet.  How does that

sound?  Is it possible to give py2app a default icon?

Yes, of course we can give py2app-built apps a default icon.  py2applet should probably have a different icon though, so it's distinguishable from the apps it generates.  When/if you come up with them, just shoot them over my way and I'll see about tossing them in!

-bob

Jacob,

In your composite image, does the applet.app icon refer to applications built with buildapplet.app, or buildapplet.app itself?  If the former, what is the rationale for using different icons for py2app-built apps, and applets?  They're both applications as far as the user is concerned.

Brendan