Hello.

I'm an astronomy/physics instructor who makes heavy use of VPython
(http://www.vpython.org) in teaching introductory calculus-based
physics. Currently, the only way to use VPython under OS X is via
Fink, which indeed works very well. However, we *REALLY• need a
native OS X port that can run without the need for X11. Neither I nor
the original VPython developers are Mac programmers and therein lies
the purpose of my request. Is there a kind soul out there who would
be willing to port VPython so that it runs with the latest Mac native
version of Python (currently 2.5 afaik)? I would be most willing to
help with testing and anything else not related to writing Mac code,
which I currently just can't do. You would be helping the physics
teaching community as well as the Mac and Python communities and
there would certainly be undying gratitude from all of us! If you're
willing to help us out, contact me on list or off list (email in
sig). I would really appreciate it!

Joe Heafner
heafnerj(at)sticksandshadows(dot)com
www(dot)SticksAndShadows(dot)com