On 10/11/06, Jacob Rus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Which is why it would be nice to have an "egg handler", no matter how
> >> simple.
> >
> > $ easy_install url_or_path_to_egg
>
> Wouldn't it be pretty easy to wrap that in an Easy Install.app?

Yes, it is, and there's an example in the py2app sources that does
exactly that.. but it falls apart if you need options or if you have
proxy issues. Additionally, the common use case is "easy_install name"
rather than "easy_install
i_went_through_the_trouble_to_download_this_file_to_my_harddrive.egg"
so it proved to be rather useless in a general context (for anyone
that knows about easy_install a priori).

-bob