Kent Quirk wrote:
> If you're going to go through the pain, why not just use py2app, which
> does it for you?

Because Py2App doesn't support "applets". That is, something that looks
and acts like an application, but DOESN'T bundle up all the Python stuff.

My vision of an "applet" would be a py2app like bundle, but one that
would not include anything installed in the Python Framework (or system
libs). i.e. all the app code, none of the Python environment.

This has limited usefulness, as it would only work on a system with all
the right Python stuff installed, but I think it would be useful non the
less.

Py2App does have an "alias" mode, but I don't think it bundles the app
source either, it just keeps a reference of some sort to it.

Is the old "build applet" working well with Python2.5, etc?

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

[EMAIL PROTECTED]