On 22 Aug, 2007, at 21:42, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

How are all the extension modules in Mac/Modules generated? I'm trying to
remove PyArg_Parse() from the Python 3 C API.  They use PyArg_Parse
extensively.  If they were autogenerated I'd rather fix the generator
instead of editing each file by hand.

They are generated using bgen, which is in Tools/bgen/bgen. The last time I looked at this (which is a couple of years ago) you basicly had to be Jack to run this :-(. You also have to have the MacOS9 SDK headers, bgen doesn't look at the system headers at the moment.

I've talked with Jack about both issues a while back and they should be fixed, but neither of us have much time to actually do that.

Ronald

Thanks,

Skip