> http://wiki.python.org/moin/MacPython/BundleBuilder

I've switched back to BundleBuilder, and it works fine. It takes a bit of
trial and error to get everything wrapped up, but I've never understood why
people bad-mouthed it so much. It's a single-script module, and reasonably
easy to understand, and relatively easy to modify: anyone with a reasonably
amount of Python skill can get it working. I just used it today to release a
fully 64-bit, four-way universal build of one of my commercial/shareware
Python apps.

I've clearly come late to the game, as I've never heard of it. I've been
using XCode with PyObjC to go over the tutorials, but now I see for
distribution I have to use py2app which makes me quake with fear. My app is
a relatively simple one that is intended for teachers with no time
(including myself here) so this bundlebuilder link is a complete life-line.
Thanks!

-Adam aka brainysmurf