I'm trying to package a small utility with py2app but am having some problems
getting the .app to run. When I try to launch it it comes back with the
following error:

ZipImportError: can't decompress data: zlib not available

I have installed python (2.6.4 - 64bit) from macports but this doesn't seem to
be the problem as the same problem occurs when I switch to the System python
(2.6.1 - 32bit).

I've confirmed that zlib.so is in the application bundle in
Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload

My py2app-devel is installed through macports as well, its version is 0.4.4

What's going on here, is the zlib.so somehow copied to the wrong place, or what?

I also tried to a simple hello world app with just a print line, same problem.
If I  start the python interpreter from the command line I can import zlib
without a problem.

Matti Lyra
matti.l...@gmail.com