Ronald Oussoren wrote:
modulegraph should be platform independent
indeed -- it's used by bbfreeze:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/bbfreeze/0.96.5

Though I think he's forked it. But it might be good to get in touch and see if
he's got patches to integrate.

I really don't understand why people think it is a good idea to fork opensource
packages unless the original author is completely unresponsive and/or moves the
project in a different direction. Even then I'd let the original author know
about that.

Neither do I -- indeed I specifically recommended that he report back to this list, and maybe even share more code with Py2app, as he was interested in making bb-freeze Mac-compatible at one point.

But if he was interested in working more collaboratively, he probably wouldn't have started a brand new python bundling project in the first place!

Ronald Oussoren wrote:
And they very helpfully even didn't bother to document what they
changed, or which version they forked. That makes comparing the two
unnecessarily hard, and hence I won't bother to do so.

Darn -- what a pain! Have you tried asking him? He's been pretty responsive on his list.

By the way -- he did post on this list at one point looking for volunteers to work on the Mac version of bb-freeze, and I don't think he got any takers.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov