In article <98b8e796-eeb7-4c19-92b9-200bfed9a...@gmail.com>,
 Klaasmer <klaas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> when I call os.getcwd() on my Mac under OS X 10.6.4 from my home directory,
> the path is converted to lowercase. I get
>
> /users/myusername
>
> instead of
>
> /Users/myusername
>
> On another Mac I get the correct uppercase string. How can I configure this?
> Is there a (hidden) Python setting?
>
> Reason for asking: On OS X all user directories are in "/Users". This is
> always uppercase. When using Mercurial, it gets sometimes confused with this
> strange and incorrect normalization of my current directory.

[Note to readers here:  the OP asked this question also on Stack
Overflow and has subsequently found that the same behavior is exhibited
by an ObjC program.  So it turns out to not be a Python issue at all.]

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4073469/how-can-i-get-the-correct-case
-when-calling-pythons-os-getcwd

--
 Ned Deily,