Hi,

I recently ran into a problem installing a module because it needed to compile
an
extension written in C. The compilation failed because the c extension needed a
header
file+lib that gcc could not find. This was caused by the fact that distutils
was adding
a '-isysroot' parameter to the gcc command line that pointed to the 10.4 SDK
location on
my mac. That SDK location doesn't have the particular header file. The issue is
almost
identical to this old message:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythonmac-sig/2009-October/021712.html

In the meantime, I worked around the problem by replacing the Python.org python
by a
non-framework version that I built from source. Building the extension module
was fine
because it could find the c-library dependency just fine from
/usr/local/include this time.

This is on a mac mini powerpc, mac os 10.5.8, python.org python 2.7.1 for
ppc+intel.

My questions are:
It's only recently that I discovered about the -isysroot option and I'm not
sure how to
deal with it. What would be the right way to solve the error I experienced?
Can I compile+install custom c libraries in the SDK location? If so, how would
I do
that? (I only seem to manage to compile+install them into /usr/local)

Thanks
Irmen de Jong