On Mon, Jun 13, 2011, Tuladhar-douglas, Dr William B. wrote:

> I'm trying to install Plone 4.05 on my Mac (OSX 10.6.7), using the universal
> installer which uses buildout. (It works fine on the London server that holds
> the public Plone site...) After much frustration I finally found another
> person with the same obscure problem, also in Kathmandu. See
> here:http://bibekpaudel.wordpress.com/2009/11/26/solved-plone-installation-strange-error/
>  , here:
> http://www.khattam.info/solved-module-datetime-datetime-line-1145-in-tozone-2010-08-19.html
>  , and here: http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/9857 for the bug report.
> Apparently the fix has been deferred repeatedly.
>
> Essentially, because I'm in Kathmandu, Nepal right now (and will be for the
> next few years on a research project), timezone support doesn't work right so
> eventually, Plone becomes confused when it tries to make a new site. The root
> of the problem seems to be way back down at the Unix-level implementation of
> timezone support. Nepal is often a difficult case as its TZ is set at
> GMT+4:45 or GMT+5:45 depending on the time of year.
>
> So if I wanted to pursue a fix for this one, how might I begin?

It's not clear what searching you've on just the Unix side.  Does this
problem show up outside the Python context?
--
Aahz (a...@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

Looking back over the years, after I learned Python I realized that I
never really had enjoyed programming before.