Ronald Oussoren <ronaldousso...@mac.com> wrote:

> On 18 Aug, 2011, at 19:08, Bill Janssen wrote:
>
> > Ronald Oussoren <ronaldousso...@mac.com> wrote:

> >> There appears to be a port of pyobjc to iOS, but that's not something I
> >> support.
> >
> > I'm confused.  On http://www.saurik.com/id/5, it says,
> >
> > ``Having done this then put me in the perfect frame of mind to try to
> > get other languages over, and the #1 request was Python, which already
> > has an amazing project behind it: PyObjC.''
> >
> > ``The effort for porting this turned out to be minimal, and the
> > maintainer of the project (Ronald Oussoren) has contacted me about
> > merging my changes, which means that its support that is likely to stay
> > around for quite a while.''
> >
> > Never happened, eh?  The merge, that is.
>
> The merge never happened and I is unlikely to happen anytime soon.
>
> I'm not interested in supporting iOS myself, while it is likely that I
> will get support calls when I would merge.

I can certainly appreciate that just supporting the various flavors of
OS X is work enough.  Not sure how big the differences are between iOS
and OS X, but probably bigger than just between Snow Leopard and Lion.
And I also understand the frustration of dangling items on the issue
tracker that one has no resources to respond with.

So if we (the world) wanted this to happen, we'd have to fork PyObjC?
Or would you be willing to add a developer interested in taking on the
iOS work?  It certainly seems more interesting now that there are
Python-powered apps like PyMath in the app store.

Bill