On 13 Jun, 2012, at 2:58, ecir hana wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm sorry I don't know what causes that in PyObjC but one option would be to
> try to do the same in cocoapy:
> http://code.google.com/p/cocoa-python/

They don't seem to implement the part of PyObjC that the bug is in.

Anyway, I've switched the implementation for the "FAST_PATH" to one that's
almost the same as that of the non-fast path, both now delegate to a (hidden)
NSString instance. The only difference is that the FAST_PATH uses an NSString
that uses the data storage of the PyUnicodeObject as the data storage for the
string. That way there is no data duplication.   I'm using a simular trick for
Python 3.3: the implementation for __realObject__ won't copy data unless it
really has to.

Ronald