Charlie,

        Really!? How can you tell that from what I sent? The issue I have with
homebrew (which btw, is the package manager I would prefer to use…), is that I
can't get pyserial to install under homebrew. I know there is a way to build an
installer using homebrew, but pyserial isn't available under git , and I went
looking for another 'path' to the goal, since I really didn't want to build
everything from scratch!

        As far as I can tell there isn't any one place that describes who puts
what where for OS X. Is anyone aware of one? I'm *really* thinking about
starting one!

        Also, what do you mean that installing PyQt with homebrew "will limit
the effectiveness of any virtualenv"? I couldn't seem to get my virtual
environment to find PyQt. I even tried copying it to the virtual environment,
as someone on Stack Overflow had suggested. I just feel like I can manage to
get to 98%, but never get any one install to work entirely. I feel so close to
a solution, but it is always just out of reach...

Arana