On 14 Dec, 2012, at 20:37, Russell E. Owen <ro...@uw.edu> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a version of bdist_mpkg that works with Python 3?

I don't know of a py3k port of bdist_mpkg.

> If not, how might one create a Mac binary installer for Python 3?

You could port bdist_mpkg yourself, doing that should be too hard. That said,
bdist_mpkg creates an old package format that doesn't support some of the more
recent features of Installer.app (such as signed packages).

Another alternative is to use the packaging tools provided with Xcode, you will
have to do more manually but will end up with a "modern" package format.

What are you trying to accomplish? Depending on your usecase you might be able
to get away with providing binary eggs and those don't require additional tools.

Ronald