On 5/1/13 8:37 AM, Yuma Antoine Decaux wrote:
Hi,

I've been trying to find a way to have speech output on an assignment GUI i'm
working on for uni in Tkinter (they are forcing me) and since none of the UI
elements on it are accessible, i'm trying to use either pyobjc with AppKit and
some event handlers in Tkinter to get speech synthesis.

I've just successfully installed pyobjc and looked at the API notes. I couldn't
find NSSynthesizer. Is this not available?

Were you aware that this API can be called from the command line? The tool is /usr/bin/say and its documentation can be found via "man say". The overhead of pyobjc isn't necessary here.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin/Mobile Code by Kevin