On 7/9/13 10:34 AM, Paul Wiseman wrote:
Nope, they had a release today in fact (v1.2.0) so it's very much still
active.

But it supports Qt 4.8. Digia has just released Qt 5.1. Qt5 has some huge differences from 4.x, among them it's moving heavily into using QtQuick (a declarative markup spec) to draw UI's rather than native widgets.

I've only just started looking into it so I'm not sure on the full story
- so this is possibly wrong or inaccurate but I believe Nokia sold Qt to
Digia, then they had licencing issues trying to use pyQt and couldn't
come to an agreement with riverbank computing, so Nokia made their own
bindings (PySide) and open sourced them. So there's now two sets of
python bindings and from what I can tell PySide seems to release updates
for new features of Qt before pyQt as well. I think PySide is purely a
community project now, I don't think Nokia has much to do with it (again
I could be wrong!) but still seems active.

Phil Thompson earns his living dual-licensing PyQt (commercial and GPL), just as TrollTech did. Moving to LGPL would probably hurt his revenue.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin/Mobile Code by Kevin