In article <1382665677.4566.yahoomail...@web184704.mail.ne1.yahoo.com>,
 Andrew Barnert <abarn...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Also Python having a single binary for 10.6+. I understand that decision—the
> only alternatives are to tell 10.6 users they're stuck with 2.7.5/3.3.2
> forever, or to double the number of builds and double the packagers' work.
> But Apple consistently and intentionally makes it hard to support more than 3
> (sometimes even 2) major OS X versions at a time, and they do a good job of
> that.

I'm really confused here.   Using the current 2.7.5 64-bit installer (from
May) on 10.8.5 with Xcode 5.0.1 works just fine for me.  Perhaps you are
seeing problems because you are trying to override Distutils defaults?  If you
don't set any of CC or LDSHARED or other DIstutils environment variables,
Distutils should do the right thing.  If you do set the env variables,
Distutils assumes you know what you are doing and honors the values you supply.

--
 Ned Deily,
 n...@acm.org