On 1 December 2014 at 17:08, John Lewis <jkle...@deathstar.org> wrote:

> Sounds like either the openssl module got corrupted or had a permission
> issue. It’s calling out a specific line number, if you wanted to track down
> the root problem you’d need to look there.
>
> In any case, a fresh install seems to have solved the problem.

Unless I'm mistaken- the frozen app should be completely unaffected and
independent from my local python install- it should be using it's own
internal hashlib, not the one from /Library/Frameworks folder.

The frozen app was working fine, I installed 2.7.9 and the frozen app
started throwing this error, then after reverting back to 2.7.8 the frozen
app was working again (I should stress that the frozen app was never
rebuilt and remained as-is)