Quoting Bodsda (bod...@ubuntu.com):
> Firefox is listed as a dependency, I haven't dug through to find out why
> yet. The description confirms firefox gets installed with pytrainer, but
> can anyone confirm if it gets removed when removing pytrainer? I would
> imagine it doesn't due to many other dependencies, if that's the case
> then this is not a bug.

The dependency is "iceweasel|firefox|abrowser". Indeed, I wonder why
this dependency is there.

The changelog is unclear about this. It apparently got added when Fiz
Vazquez (CC'ed, please keep CC list) was maintaining the package for
Ubuntu (in a private repo?).

The reason is probably the same rationale than having
/usr/bin/pytrainer as a wrapper:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/firefox MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/lib/firefox
python /usr/bin/pytr

Other pytrainer Debian package maintainers, do you have a clue? I'm
tempted to drop that wrapper (it causes a lintian warning about not
having a manpage for "pytr"). I suspect the need to be able to use
some Firefox libraries but I'm not sure that such a hack is the right
way to do things.

--
You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to
pytrainer in Ubuntu.

Title:
  When I install  (or remove) pyTrainer, firefox is also installed (or
  removed)

Status in “pytrainer” package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: pytrainer

  Results of installing pyTrainer:

  sudo apt-get install pyTrainer
  Reading package lists... Done
  Building dependency tree
  Reading state information... Done
    firefox firefox-branding pytrainer
  Suggested packages:
    firefox-gnome-support firefox-kde-support
  The following NEW packages will be installed
    firefox firefox-branding pytrainer
  0 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
  Need to get 222kB/13.1MB of archives.
  After this operation, 40.1MB of additional disk space will be used.
  Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

  Version:

  lsb_release -rd
  Release:      10.10

  Expectations:
  Firefox and pytrainer are independent (or does pytrainer use firefox to
display the map or something odd like that?)