Hello all,

I'm trying to use pyusb on an embedded yocto linux running on an intel
Galileo board.  I'm running into problems trying to load the custom
backend as specified in the tutorial page.  Since there is no compile
environment I'm missing ldconfig.  When I go to get a handle to the
device the "normal way" I get this error:

 >>> dev = usb.core.find(idVendor = vid, idProduct = pid)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/usb/core.py", line 864, in find
     raise ValueError('No backend available')
ValueError: No backend available

I located the library to link at /lib/libusb-1.0.so.0

so I tried to use the method described to specify a "find_library" function.

 >>> backend = usb.backend.libusb1.get_backend(find_library=lambda x:
"/lib/libusb-1.0.so.0")
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: get_backend() takes no arguments (1 given)

I don't really understand the mechanism at play here, so I don't have
any ideas for next steps.  If anyone can provide some guidance I'd be
very grateful.

for what it's worth, here's the DATA section from help(usb)

DATA
     __all__ = ['legacy', 'core', 'backend', 'util']
     __author__ = 'Wander Lairson Costa'
     __version__ = '1.0.0b1'