I have been having issues getting my program to run as an exe using packager
pyinstaller version 3.1.1. There is a version 3.2 but it has other issues so
I cannot use it. My program checks the status of the Zebra KR403 printer and
my program works fine in my Python 2.7.9 environment, PYUsb 1.0.0, on
Windows 7,  but when I create the exe it does not work. Pyinstaller 2.1
works ok but my other parts of my program have been updated and I cannot use
it any longer, the list of problems there is too long.

This is how I set up the backend in my code in my python environment:

import usb

import usb.core

import usb.util

import usb.backend.libusb10 as libusb10

import sys

import requests

dev = usb.core.find(idVendor= int(VID), idProduct= int(PID),
backend=libusb10.get_backend())

After creating my exe, when I run it from the command prompt I get the
following:

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "<string>", line 184, in <module>

  File "usb\core.py", line 846, in find

ValueError: No backend available

ZebraKR403PaperStatus2.2 returned -1

I understand that this could be an issue with pyinstaller and I will report
the same issue there. Does anyone else have this issue or have a solution?

Thanks in advance:

Jay