Thanks for a great answer, Merlijn!  I'll stick to using the rewrite
branch and continue to encourage my lab mates to do so as well, then.

Will also pay attention to the upcoming Berlin hackathon, and see if
there's some useful input I can provide (since I'm unable to attend,
different continents and stuff).

Cheers,
Morten