Hydriz Wikipedia, 09/11/2012 16:59:
You mentioned "a while back" for "apcontinue", show recent was it? This
dump generator is attempting to archive all sorts of versions of
MediaWiki, or so unless we write a backward compatibility handler in the
script itself.

+1
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Allpages , https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Lists and https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Query#Continuing_queries don't really shed any light.

...and I agree, the code is in a total mess. We need to get someone to
rewrite the whole thing, soon.

Well, that in an ideal world. In this one, the best would probably be suggestions for simple libraries to be used to solve such small problems? (Which can become very big if one doesn't follow API evolution very closely or know it's history from the beginning of time.)

Nemo