(sorry for poor english grammar )

 I think you want to distunguish the link page is exist or not in wikitext.
You don't need to analyze HTML tags now, just use

   - Page().linkedPages() to get all links Page() object in the page you
   want.
   - getall(site, pagelist) to load all links detail.
   - pagelist[x].get() to get wikitexts.

if page is not exist, you will get the exception NoPage.

There's use two API requests, and easy to solve it.

2013/4/22 Bináris <wikipo...@gmail.com>

> Can we solve everything through API? I have a script that I wrote a few
> years ago, and I had to analyze HTML code to distunguish "red" and "blue"
> links on a page because there was no API function for that.
>
> --
> Bináris

I always keep my spirit minority.