Le 22/09/13 14:54, Dr. Trigon a écrit :
>> The garbage collect was just runned once on the server? That's
>> all?! Nice!!! Does this to be done again at some interval, e.g.
>> after a lot of commits, merges, ...?
>>
>> I do not agree because when I checkout compat with all submodules
>> I have ~46MB size and after 'git gc --aggressive' to all of them
>> it shrinks to ~25MB so roughly a factor 2. I would love to see this
>> done!
>
> How is the state here?
>
> By the way; would it make sence to run this by cronjob e.g. once a
> month or so?

It should not be needed since git will garbage collect automatically
from time to time:

$ git remote update
Auto packing the repository for optimum performance. You may also
run "git gc" manually. See "git help gc" for more information.

Have a look at the --auto option in `man git-gc`.

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso