> On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 05:27:07 -0400 (EDT)
> Kamil Paral <kpa...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > > With the conversation we've been having and the persona
> > > developments, I propose the following:
> > >
> > >  - create FAS groups for git-taskbot-core and git-taskbot-tasks
> > > which will control access to the git repos
> >
> > What will git-taskbot-tasks be used to? I thought we were going to
> > have decentralized system of git repositories with test cases. Is
> > this going to contain just some core test cases provided by Fedora
> > QA?
>
> Yeah, mostly some core test cases - the idea is still to have
> decentralized git repos to store tasks. Would a change in name make
> that more clear?

Rather than name change, I assumed we would host our Fedora QA tasks in a
Fedora QA-owned&branded git repo. Something like git-qa-taskbot-tasks would be
one of the sources that taskbot could pull. But I don't mind having our tasks
closer to the core repo, that's fine.

Which reminds me, will we be trying to have Taskbot at least partially
distribution independent, for example something that OpenSUSE and other
RPM-based (or maybe not just RPM-based) distros could pick up as well? It would
add more abstraction layers (e.g. abstract out fedmsg). But we could also gain
external contributions. I don't think we've pondered about this too much, have
we?

> This also reminds me of an investigation to do - figure out how hard a
> git server would be hit if we stored task repos on it. If a repo is
> cloned every time that a task is run, that's a lot of clones. I know
> that rhodecode had a hard time not crashing in that situation but
> gitolite + cgit seem to be doing fine.

A logical step would be to clone the repos on the server (i.e. simply check
up-to-date status on every task run, or regularly) and copy the files onto the
test client during client initialization. We will need to support file transfer
(probably bidirectional) anyway.