> On Wed, 2015-02-18 at 09:53 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> >
> > Patch attached which more or less brings it to my intended
> > version, with !='s and get_release() exception handling added and
> > your cleanups preserved. sorry for the mixup! Consider the
> > previous version an example of my personal kinds of silly thinkos
> > that get fixed up when I first test the code :P
>
> Gack, that patch had another stray parser_current.set_defaults()
> line in it. Here's a copy with that taken out.

So to update people on current status - jskladan has merged this
(thanks!). I cut releases of fedfind, wikitcms and relval with all the
necessary changes to back the current openqa bits the day before
yesterday.

So all the bits are currently in a fairly clean and consistent state. I
have qa-01 running latest git of everything and a cron job that runs
'all' at 8am every day (that's one hour after a cron job on one of my
boxes runs 'relval nightly -i' to nominate a new nightly if needed).
It also has fedmsg installed from pypi, but I hadn't done anything
with it yet. That's about all I've done to it that's notable.

So I'm fine with qa-01 being turned into a production box now if
that's what needs doing. I don't have another dev environment, but if I
want to work on any further changes I can set one up locally, and
there's nothing that I *need* to do right now, the current code should
be perfectly usable. It would be fine to have either 'current' or
'all' as the regular job for our production instance, I believe.

Results for images for which wikitcms can't find an associated release
validation event do not go anywhere, at present, they just sit in
OpenQA, but we can always examine them from there. Whether you use
'current' or 'all', it should always wind up running on the images for
new validation events the first time it's run after the event is
created, and reporting results to the wiki; it should handle the
switchover from nightlies to TCs/RCs for the 'validation events'
cleanly with no manual intervention required, at least if I lined all
the bits up right. :)

I set up 'colada' as another account for my own tinkering just to make
it clear where results from my dev code came from. The password for
that account is in the ~/.fedora/credentials file for both 'projectqa'
and 'root'. We can always use it for similar purposes in future.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey