On Wed, 2017-02-15 at 12:59 +0100, Josef Skladanka wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 8:51 PM, Adam Williamson <adamw...@fedoraproject.org
> > wrote:
> > Are you aware of fedmsg-dg-replay? It's a fairly easy way to 'replay'
> > fedmsgs for testing. All you need (IIRC) is the fedmsg-relay service
> > running on the same system, and you can run
> >

> I am, but it has this bad quality of changing the topic, so we would have
> to change the consumers' topics, so we would need to change those too. Or
> make it configurable in some way...
> I'd rather do it the way I have it now - using the trigger's internal
> replay functionality instead of doing unnecessary complicated changes just
> for the sake of using it to test stuff once in a while.

I was thinking that it's probably not that difficult to set up a
testing fedmsg bus as a test fixture with some canned messages that can
be replayed on request, but I haven't looked at doing it so I really
don't know how much work it is. I wonder if fedmsg's test suite does
it.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey