On 07. 12. 21 18:21, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Tue, 2021-12-07 at 13:21 +0100, Miro Hrončok wrote:
Hello QA,

is there a way (even a hacky one) to run openQA tests (the ones that run on
Bodhi updates of critpath packages) on an open Pull Request?

Hey Miro! Right now there really isn't, I'm afraid. The least official
thing we can run the tests for right now is a scratch build, so you
need to at least turn the PR into a scratch build somehow.

That we already have. Each pull request has a "Fedora CI - scratch build" job.

There's no public/self-serve way to schedule for a scratch build at the
moment; someone with admin/moderator access (so, usually, me) needs to
do it for you.

Got it. At the moment, I am mostly interested in https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python3.10/pull-request/87 but it fails for now, will let you know when it is ready.
The reason is to avoid the failure wqe have seen in Fedora 34 recently.

If there is substantial interest I could look at implementing something
here...I would expect that some system or other (CI? Koschei?) must
surely have a way of turning pull requests into package builds already,
so I'd want to find that and build on it rather than reinventing it if
possible.

Yes, this exists. Both in Zuul and as a "Fedora CI" job. How to retrieve that job programmatically, I have no idea. But it is there.

The other stumbling block is that we still don't run these tests on
Rawhide, so if you want to test the PR in the context of the
rawhide/main branch, it would be more difficult (even just doing a one-
off, because the tests use pre-rolled disk images as a base, and we
don't build several of the needed images for Rawhide currently).

For now, I am interested in Fedora 34/35. Once the tests run in Bodhi for Rawhide, we would want them run in PRs as well. The point is that I don't want to merge+build+bodhi an update just to find out it fails the tests -- I want to know before I merge the PR.

That's something that could change, but it would be a fairly major
thing and might possibly require me to beg infra for more hardware or
finally find the time to see if we can run openQA tests In The Cloud. I
can provide more details on that whole area if you're interested...

As much as I'd love to see those tests on Rawhide as well, all I ask for here is to have it 1:1 Bodhi updates and Pull Requests.

Thanks,
--
Miro Hrončok