We've talked about the possibility of testing physical hardware in
openQA before, though it's not super high on anyone's priority list I
don't think. But since I saw this while updating os-autoinst, I figured
I'd drop a note. One Marek Marczykowski-Górecki from
https://invisiblethingslab.com/ recently sent a big pile of changes to
os-autoinst which seem to be about testing physical laptops using an
HDMI->IP converter (for capturing video) and a Raspberry Pi (for doing
mouse/keyboard input). Their initial PR was merged then reverted due to
causing problems:

https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst/pull/1741

and there's a second try currently under review:

https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst/pull/1898

so...if anyone's interested in that, there it is. :D It's something we
could, I guess, potentially try and use to test things like the
supported Lenovo laptops, so CCing the Lenovo folks. It seems he is now
using it in production for Qubes testing, not sure on what hardware.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA